A type of cardiovascular disease.
It affects arteries leading to and within the brain.
A stroke occurs when a blood vessel that carries oxygen and nutrients to the brain is either blocked by a clot or bursts.
(American Stroke Association)
- Brain cells die or are damaged because of lack of oxygen
- The cells loose some of their functionality resulting in disability
- Hundreds of thousands are disabled by stroke
- Tens of thousands of new cases each year
- Consider cost of care, loss of productivity
SEMLARASS FOR STROKE
- Most of the stroke patients are usually left with residual palsy which involves spastic hand or foot drop.
- A well-planned and executed SEMLARASS provides a patient with Stroke with some functional improvement
- Prior stroke
- Older age
- Family history of stroke
- Male sex
- Cigarette smoking
- Use of certain drugs
- Months or years after the stroke some of the cells partially recover or other cells take over their functionality
- Rehabilitation helps to restore the functionality of a disabled individual to the highest level of independence possible
- Rehabilitation improves and enhances the process of recovery
- RECOUP’s Rehabilitation is a multidisciplinary approach which is focused with intensive rehabilitation
- The window for recovery after stroke is very short and with help of RECOUP’s intensive protocol’s we have got better results